Interlibrary Loan from WCFLS Libraries and Elsewhere
The Reference staff will gladly try to get items we don't own for you, including obituaries and death notices, either in person or on the telephone. There is no charge, but we limit the number of items to 5 per request. In addition, through our online catalog you can easily request that we obtain items from other Waukesha County Federated Library System (WCFLS) libraries. You must have a Menomonee Falls Public Library (MFPL) card, or a CAFÉ Library card, or be eligible to get one.
If you have searched our catalog for an item and have discovered that we don't have it, call us at 262-532-8920 to ask us to find it for you or send an email to email@example.com.
If you send an email, please include the following information:
- as much information about the item as possible (Title, Author, etc.)
- ask us to request the item for you;
- add your name and phone number;
- indicate whether you wish to be notified by email or by telephone if we obtain the item; and
- include any other special instructions (for example: “must be this exact edition” OR “must be hardcover” OR “must be large print” OR "need by [date]").
After checking to make sure that you have included all of the information (specified in items 1-5 above), SEND the email.
We are no longer able to get items from outside of Wisconsin.
About Interlibrary Loan:
If you are looking for material that our library does not have, you can make a request to a librarian to get you the material on loan from another library.
We are proud to say, "If you want it, we will do our best to get it!"
For more information about interlibrary loan, please contact Sandy at 262-532-8928 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.